Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Next 40 Years

Long look at the image
tall, not yet stooped
dark, not yet grey
lined, yet no wrinkles

Smile is softer
eyes never brighter
hands now gentler
from fewer scuffles

This man I see
comfortable
strong
secure

The boy in me
grown up
wise
mature

Pushes forward
digs deeper
looks beyond
reaches further
still

Exercising mind
body
spirit
emotion
will

Halfway gone
halfway grown
halfway spent
halfway filled

Much to learn
much to see
much to hear
much to build

Battles fought
lessons learned
demons abandoned
suffering done

What to chase
when to turn
where to go
how far to run

Love that I seek
that I give
that I cherish
that I hold

To myself
my family
my friends
truth be told

Will guide my steps
my choices
my thoughts
my future
my present state

I will not deny
abandon
withdraw
diminish
hesitate

All that I am
that I have
that I know
that I can be

Unleashed
with vigor
directed
with wisdom
filled
with love

The next 40 years
wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment