Monday, July 26, 2010

Holding on by a thread...

It weaves it tiny way though
Soul, body, and mind
Meandering around and then into
Places the eye cannot find

Pulling, binding, holding
Irreverent to all that it meets
Without regard to present toil
So stubborn, it never retreats

The singular thought
The one guiding notion
The dream of the heartest of hearts
So tightly it holds
So desperate to stay
So conscious of all of its parts

This only lonely thread
The one constant pain
Reminding of all still bereft
What holds me together
This tortured thin vine
Seems now to be all I have left

So to this I hold
This deepest of ties
My only connection thereto
My dearest young treasure
Her unbridled future
My soul
My body
My mind
Stay true

1 comment:

  1. Kris, I never knew you were a poet. So many questions, with really only one answer. I hope you find it my friend.
    Love ya,
    Li

    ReplyDelete