Friday, July 26, 2013

Memories yet to escape

Lives seen
lived

In the mind
heart

Treasures
pain
buried

Hopes
fears
remembered

Stories
wisdom
joys
tears
impart

Others work and play
buy and breathe
selling and chasing
circles of mundane
reprieve

Few remember and hold
every moment they feel
waiting and straining
holding it in
yet not reveal

Faces and touches
laughs and sobs
endless seconds
passage of time
never robs

Passion to give
lessons to share
my struggles and joys
motives
made aware

Memories linger
fresh as just
yesterday

Begging to live
anew and unquenchable
today

All that I have
lived
loved
mourned
kissed
despised

Remains at my fingertips
bursting to breathe
from my cavern
my cathedral
my playpen
comprised

of dreams
loves
faces
smiles

of holidays
family
successes
trials

Blessed curse
to have
haunting dreams
vivid scenes
litter

The present
future
mind
heart
soul

of this writer.






No comments:

Post a Comment