Saturday, June 9, 2012

Heart waits

Why is it
her eyes see me
greater
purer
more honest
than I 
really am 

This view
not mine
central
to all
I was
all
I am
all
I will be

Why the content
to be
flawed
wasteful
wanton
wicked
when all
I want
is for her
to be 
the opposite

Where does the heart go
where is integrity lost
where is it found
when
how

Time blurs
thickens
slows
deadens
covers

Knowledge illuminates
quickens
awakens
stirs
reveals

Mind races
searches
wrestles
settles
soars

Heart
waits

Bob Bennett 
sang it
best:

I am a man
in a world
full of men
just like me

With a heart
full of questions
and answers

That seem
to be
somewhat connected

And a mind 
full of
preconceived notions

That manage
to get
in the way

And I 
find myself
longing
to return

Back to 
the place
where I 
started

Back when
I knew
next to
nothing

Back to
the heart

Back to 
the heart

Of the matter

To the heart 
of 
the matter.


 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment