Monday, March 21, 2011

Shared Silly Faces

Snap, giggle
"Let me see!"

Heads shaking
faces of glee

Pretty Princess
almost not 3

Proud Daddy
always me

Now alone sitting
wondering
hoping

Faces will change
expressions will too
growing


You have
hold
are
so much
knowing


I want
need
have 
so much
blessing


You are my life
my spark
my joy
my heart


I am your One
your Only
Daddy
your Chart


You will measure me
challenge
test
love


I will protect
hold
support
love 

Your identity
charm
zest
mirth


My life
purpose
all began
at your birth

Your days
moments
years
joys


My greatest hope
wildest dream
deepest fulfillment
employs


Such silly faces
long tender hugs
laughter 
pleas


Such hallowed places
so sacred inside
memories
freeze

Your faces are mine
I cannot undo
every burst inside
at each thought of you


I watch you and marvel
my treasure who wiggles
to think of you grown
still full of giggles


You are my One
my Bear
my Princess


I am your Clown
your Daddy
your recess


So let's mark these moments
I will
no bother

You just be yourself
I'll just be


Your Father

No comments:

Post a Comment