Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where I find you...

And there you were, refreshed from your slumber in the back of my mind. Awakened by my heart reaching for your touch, your voice in my ear.

The trigger was the sight across the way to an apartment where a young woman hugged her stooped grandmother. Pure love, holding each other in an embrace that time would never fully erase. And there you were...

My mouth uttered the words that said how much my entire being yearned to just be in your presence one more time "I miss you so much". Wished to be accepted, to be pushed, to be unconditionally loved. To just be...

At such a turbulent time, when so many things have yet to be found, your reassurance that all will be well would be so precious. Yet your voice was heard "LIVE!" 58 years... such an injustice. Such a loss.

So sleep again, my dear Mother, and return again to me as you wish. Look with love and protection over your grand daughter. She pours out love with a touch that melts me, hugs that soothe me, and a dear little kiss that lets me know I have done one heavenly thing in this life.

Until I find you again...

No comments:

Post a Comment